Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Tagged!!!

Ah, these tags!

How I love them.. especially, the ones on books.. I just got tagged by SuperGirl a.k.a. $uPaRnA.. who woke up one fine morning(on the wrong side of her bed), only to realise that SHE'd been tagged.. so she writes a nice post and decides to tag 5 of her friends..

and.. as the audience guessed it right, the karod-daalar question she asks herself is:

"WHOM do I tag?"

Surprise o' ssssurprises .... SuperGirl chooses AdyaMan, Anup, Akshay, Vipin and Niri out of her 4,349,906 friends on orkut.com..


Lekin Pushpaaa.... ek chotii si problem hai
(Houston, infact we have a BIIIG problem)..


- AdyaMan ko blog update kiye huey chaar-hazaar saal huey hein..
- AdyaMan's brain's turned into a vegetable(umm.. make that bhindi) aur uska bhindi-fry to kabkaa consume bhi ho gaya hai..
- AdyaMan ke brain ko roz 20,000 VOLT ke electric jhatke diye jaa rahey hein..
- AdyaMan's forgotten what it is like to be funny and punny..


I try to think of some more excuses..


SuperGirl takes out this HUGE kryptonite-ray-waala gun and points it to AdyaMan's kan-patti(temple) and gives that smirk and says - "AdyaMan, YOU ARE TAGGED!!! there is NO escape.. i want it ready by this week" (add the sinister, evil laughter yourself).. "else you will have TWO-TAGS to your name"


So, here I am.. I shall try to be as concise and precise as possible.. but then, brevity has never been my forte.. so here goes nothing:


* Total number of books that I own:

Well.. about 7,196 and counting..

7,196?!?!?!

Any sane guy would have given me a piece of his mind..

"Abey saaley, itney books khareedney ke liye charas-ganjaa ki smuggling karta hai kya"

"Are you crazy or something?"..

"hey bhagwaan, itney books? mujhe chakkar aa raha hai"..

"library naam ki cheez ke baarey mein, kabhi sunaa nahi tha kya??"..


And I tell people, with non-glycerine-induced tears in my eyes that "I had to sell off MY ancestral property.. the entire12 acres of cultivated land, four 20-bedroom bungalows, 100 bullocks, 42 sheep and 30 kilograms of gold.. in all.. to buy those books.. and the fancy books-shelves to keep them together and not to forget the $250,000 book-cataloging software I bought from TCS."

well.. 7196 it is..

and this does NOT include all those textbooks, school homework and classwork notebooks and all those "rough-books" which I used as canvases for portraits of the teachers(in school)\professors(in college).. (I sold those portraits and bought books.. thats another story.. will save it for later).. This also does NOT include e-books.. and does NOT include all the magazines and newspapers that I've read for the last 24 years (it does, however include my p'boy collection :-P)..



* Last book I bought:


OBJEK-SHUNNN me-laard.. (or, shud i say.. me-laardess) .. i would like to change the question.. muljimm AdyaMan se poochiye about the "Last BOOKS he bought" ..

I always buy books in 4s and 6s.. (Like Gangu-lee, I dont believe in singles).. The last books i bought were:

1) Srimad Bhagwat : The Srimad Bhagwat itself is believed to be the gem among all the sacred Puranas as it emphasizes on the devotion to Lord Vishnu’s incarnation, Lord Krishna. It is believed to have been authored by the great sage Vedavyasa when he felt a great unrest troubling his soul after authoring the Mahabharat. Although this Purana itself is believed to be a part of Skanda Purana, It is its lyrical beauty and devotion to Krishna that made it most popular. It enlists 22 incarnations of Lord Vishnu, while other sacred accounts of the Sanatana Dharma believe that there were nine incarnations and one is yet to come.

2) Google Hacking For Penetration Testers : Google, the most popular search engine.. recently entered the urban dictionary as a verb. This book by Johnny Long, creator of the johnny.ihackstuff.com.. explores the explosive growth of a technique known as "Google Hacking. By reverse engineering the techniques of malicious "Google hackers," this book shows security flaws and methods of extracting information from webpages you never knew existed..

3) Asterix and the Falling Sky: The adventures of Asterix have always been my favorite read.. it was the main source of inspiration for all my European tra(wails)vel and have given provided me more info about ancient civilizations (Gaulish, Roman, Assyrian and all the 300,000 other).. than all my history textbooks combined.

4) Finding Flow : Kasam hai mujhe Mallika Sherawat ke kapdon kii.. I have read so much of psychology and philosophy in the last 8 months, that I have now turned into this five-n-a-half-foot tall walkie-talkie-brain, who's got the genius for illuminating phenomena that perplex most behavioral scientists and psychopaths..

Till October last year, the most intelligent piece of literature I had read in the whole of 2006 was "Chacha Chaudhary and the return of Mahabali"(the book where Chacha braves the dangerous four-headed buffoons to get Chachi a Mars chocolate bar.. with Sabu's help, ofcourse!!)




* Last book I read:

"Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
" (finallly!!! 2 years after i bought it)



* One book I couldn't finish:

The only bouncer so far has been the London telephone directory .... wayyy too many characters .... extremely complex plot .... and too boring..



* Five books which mean a lot to me:

1) The Bhagvad Gita

2) The Asterix series

3)
The Harry Potter series

4) The Hardy Boys series

5) _________________


note: I have chosen to omit the details of some books that DO mean a lot, kyonki ye blog bahu-betiyaan bhi padhtee hongee (coz this is a U-Rated blog *;o))



Well.. there are about a hundred odd books in my collection that I havent been able to complete.. Till I recover from whatever I am ailing from, I have lots of stuff to complete.


all's well that ends well(in an oil well).. Bush(the politician and not the other one, you dirty mind.. ) is seeing to it that he(and America and the UK) restore democracy to the Middle-East (hmm.. idea for another post)


Now the people I’m going to tag are rather voracious readers (or atleast have read a lot more variety of books than I have, so I’m sure it’ll make for some interesting reading.) and am gonna tag 10 people (so that I can exact my sweet revenge)

Plus, it’ll give them a reason to update their blogs.. :-P.


Hari Adya (my bro, who's lost in his studies)
Aloke Sarnobat(my long lost cousin, who's lost again these days)
Tulsi Keshkamat(the original SuperWoMan who's lost touch these days)
Shailendra Mathur(who's lost in the Himalayas these days)
Anuj Dasgupta(who's lost somewhere in the Himalayas too)
Neha Srivastava(who's now lost somewhere in the US of A)
Rajagopalan Krishnan(who's lost somewhere in the Poon of A)



I don’t believe in forcing people to do a thing..
Take your time to complete it.

I am not forcing you.

But do it , or I will kill you.



So, bacchon.. that marks the end of the kahaani.. AdyaMan ki zubaani..
kal phir aana .. OK?



Here's a snap of AdyaMan at home and about 10% of his collection of books..

1 Comments:

At Thursday, July 26, 2007 9:41:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simply unbelievable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home