Saturday, July 22, 2006

30 months in OMR.... !!!!

30 months in OMR....

30 months.

Of living it and loving it.
Of a vacation from conventional thought, society and expectations.
Of enthusiasm and boredom,
Of hardwork and procrastination,

Of depression and jubiliation.


30 months.


Of learning and unlearning.
Of taking chances and not taking them,

Of MSAS, Sybase and INFA,

Of Autosys, Perforce and JIRA

30 months.


Of making plans and breaking plans.
Of appearing, disappearing, and then reappearing.
Of realizing that pretending to be happy doesn't make you happy.
Or pretending to be smart doesn't make you smart.


30 months.


Of enjoying being with the team.
Of realizing that it's human to mess up.
And it's ok to wear a "cowboy hat" and gleam.
But also knowing that I will
improve and clean up.


30 months.


Realizing that things I want to forget,
are the things I need to talk about the most.

Of moving on and wanting something else the most.
Of realizing closure for a new and better beginning.


30 months.


Of aspirations and milestones.
Of challenges and success.
Of building a new life and enjoying every moment of it.
And if there is something I really want to say, its Thank You.



It's been special.



30 months is quite a long time!!!!


30 months, 2 work-locations, 27 team-mates, 2 OMRs, 4 managers, 4.5 gigs of mails, 1 Star of the Year award, 2 Star of the Month awards, 2 appraisals, 1 5-a-side football win(ok, ok, it was the 3rd
place), 1 Word-of-the-Week, 3 different names(and first-last names interchanged!! :-), 2 British summers, 1 Indian monsoon, .... I've weathered it all!


Its time to say the word goodbye from me the project that made me a man and made a man out of me.


I will be out of OMR today. It has been a rewarding experience . OMR gave me an opportunity to learn, grow and enrich many of my skills (and my life as well :-). I owe it all to OMR. I am sure, this will pave my path in all future endeavours.


Now it's time to move ahead and make a new beginning.

Till then, it's Phir milenge, Auf Wiedersehen, Paarkkalam, Adjö så länge, Selavu, Adiós, Totsiens, Tichaonana, Xaire, Do videnja, ciao.... goodbye!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home